Macintosh Eudora 5.1 Configuration
Table of Contents
Installation and Configuration
Download and Install the latest version of Eudora from
- Open Eudora and go to the Eudora Application Folder. Double-click the Eudora
- Click on the Special menu, then click on the Getting Started icon in the left column
- Refer to the Welcome Letter that has been faxed to you and enter in the following information
on the Getting Started Settings screen:
- In the Username: field, enter your Username
- In the Mail Server: field, enter popmail.real-time.com
- In the Real Name: field, enter your first and last name (as you with it to appear in
the sender line of your outgoing email)
- In the SMTP Server: field, enter mail.real-time.com
- In the Return address: field, enter in a different email address if need be
- Click OK
- Click on the Special menu, select Settings
- Click the Checking Mail category icon in the left column
- In the Mail Protocol: field, select POP
- In the Authentication: field, select Passwords
- Click OK to save your changes
Composing a New Message
- From the Message menu, select New Message
- Type an email address in the To: field
- Press Tab to move the cursor to the Subject: field and type in a subject (optional)
- Press Tab three more times, unless you want to Cc (carbon copy) or Bcc (blind carbon copy)
- Compose your message
- Click Send.
Manually Checking for New Mail
- Click on File and choose Check Mail
- Enter your password if necessary
- If there is no mail, a "no mail" alert appears. Click OK
- If you have new mail, Eudora transfers the messages one by one and then displays the "new mail"
alert. Click OK.
- Double-click a message summary to open the message or read the message in the preview pane.
Automatic Mail Checking
- From the Special menu, select Settings
- Click on the Checking Mail category icon
- Click the check box for Check for mail every ___ minutes
- In the text box, type the number of minutes (example: 15) between automatic mail checks
- Click OK
The instructions and screen shots contained within this website are specific to services offered by Real Time Enterprises only.
If you have any problems connecting to Real Time after carefully following these directions, please call (952) 943-8700 and we will
be happy to help you.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software
Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and
no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the
section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".