KPPP Dial-Up Configuration
KPPP is a tool for configuring your PPP links. It comes with the default installation of KDE.
Table of Contents:
- The opening screen of kppp will list any available connections, and allow you to specify a Login ID
and password for the connection.
- For now, click on Setup button. This will bring up the KPPP Configuration Window.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Select New from the right hand side. Another menu will pop up.
- Enter Real Time in the Connection Name Box.
- Enter 6123445525 as the phone number.
- Select PPP as your authentication type.
- Enter in your password, refer to the Welcome Letter that was faxed to you.
- Click on the tab marked IP.
- Select Dynamic IP Address.
- Click on the tab marked DNS. In the DNS IP Address: box, enter the following:
- 18.104.22.168 and click the Add button
- 22.214.171.124 and click the Add button
- 126.96.36.199 and click the Add button
- Click on the tab marked Gateway.
- Place a check in front of Default Gateway.
- Place a check in front of Assign the Default Route.
- Click OK to finish the configuration.
Connecting to the Internet
- Select Real Time in the Connect to: dropdown menu
- Enter in your Username in the Login ID: window
- If necessary, enter in our Password in the Password: window.
- Click on the Connect button in the lower right.
Disconnecting from the Internet
- Click on the Disconnect (formerly Connect) button in the KPPP window.
The instructions and screen shots contained within this website are specific to services offered by Real Time Enterprises only.
If you have any problems connecting to Real Time after carefully following these directions, please call (952) 943-8700 and we will
be happy to help you.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software
Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and
no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the
section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".